efroymson

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Schiphol


Schipol, originally uploaded by efroymson.

One of the few airports built on the site of a Naval battle, or so I have been told. Have a few hours hear before the flight to Tel Aviv, so doing a bit of blogging and some email.

The flight over was pleasant enough, though I did not sleep much. I called KLM before the flight to make sure I had a vegetarian meal. I was told they had something called "Hindu vegetarian" which sounded like Indian food, so I was pretty excited. Unfortunately it just means "strict vegetarian" so for the first time in my life I had a bagel with no cream cheese. I don't know what they were thinking.

The dinner was actually not so bad, even though it was just green beans and rice. The stewardess (can I still say that?) was nice enough to bring me a piece of chocolate cake, which the others got.

Seems like I am blogging my usual subjects, pictures and food descriptions. In fact, it is making me hungry. I hope they have something decent here.

1 Comments:

  • KLM strict vegetarian is awful - overcooked, flavourless rice with (almost) no sauce on my last trip. breakfast is bland rice crisp things with margarine and jam! Whilst the 'non-veg' breakfast seemed to be cake and yoghurt! I'm a vegetarian, not a vegan... Long story, but they even served me chicken despite my double-checking I had a veggie meal twice...

    By Blogger Ralpharama, at 05 January, 2008 06:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home