efroymson

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Looking for my lens cap


Ein Yorqe'am Feb. 2005 028, originally uploaded by efroymson.

I was taking a picture from a bluff above this when I somehow dropped my lens cap. I should have given it up for lost when I heard the "splash" but I decided to give it the old college try. I walked through the water you see here, but when I got to the place the cap was, it was obviously hopeless. Not only did I not remember which of the three visible chutes it had fallen down, but the water was impossibly murky, and the cap did not float.

Martin offered to come back in the summer, when it is dry here, but Inbar mentioned that there will likely be more flash floods, and the cap will be washed into the Dead Sea. Where it will be difficult to find.

It is no great loss really, as it no longer fit well after I put a UV filter on the lens. Now to find a cap that fits the 39mm Hoya well ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home