efroymson

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Architectural detail


EPSN0875, originally uploaded by efroymson.

I have no idea what this is. I probably took it inside the Papal palace, which has some amazing rooms in it (where photography is not allowed). I had not realized that the Popes were in Avignon for such a long time, and that they were there not just during the time of the schism. In other words there was a long period when Avignon was the Vatican.

Check out Gus's latest blog entry for some more details on how much fun it is to visit a museum with me when I insist on listening to the entire history of the Avignon Papacy. He also asks a good question about Europeans and their commitment to a healthy environment. Don't be put of by the stray m's in his text, he is still adapting to the Azerty keyboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home