efroymson

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Jerusalem and Tel Aviv

So I am back in TA after a few days in Jerusalem. We saw Yad Vashem today, which is always terribly moving and sad. This was my first time in the new building, which is an amazing structure. The exhibits are first rate.

Also saw the excavations around the temple mount in Jerusalem. Rather fascinating to see old arches that supported a bridge from thousands of years ago. The place at the bottom where there are no more stones, but actually dressed bedrock was also extraodinary (can you tell I am having trouble coming up with adjectives?). The work that was done to build the walls, to tear them down, and then to excavate them.

The hotel here is not so good with internet as the one I was in last week, so I will perhaps be not so good about blogging and email. I do appreciate all your messages, and will do what I can to answer them. I still have some pictures I uploaded last week, and may blog them. There are more to come as well.

In contrast to my usual food-blogging proclivity, I really don't want to talk about it right now. I think I actually managed to eat too much, I don't know when the last time I did that was. There is a sort of "shuk" or market set up in the hotel next door to this iCafe. There is lots to eat there, but I only got a Fanta. I had some excellent Felafel in Ben Yahuda street this afternoon, which I am not done digesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home