efroymson

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Camel


Ein Yorqe'am Feb. 2005 049, originally uploaded by efroymson.

I was walking backwards, focussing, and trying to correctly compensate for the backlighting on the camel. I was not paying so much attention to the camel itself, which seemed likely to want to eat the camera if it got close. Maybe it was just curious.

We felt bad for the camels when we noticed that their Bedouin herder had hobbled them, by tying a short length of rope to each of their front feet. Some of them had rubbed their ankles raw, and they all had a trouble negotiating the rocky ground.

I suppose there is no other way to keep them from running off.

1 Comments:

  • This is a wonderful photo. I really like the camel. I'm sorry to hear that he (she?) wasn't treated better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 03 February, 2006 15:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home