efroymson

Friday, March 17, 2006

Karate


wintersp2006, originally uploaded by efroymson.

This picture is from Winter Special training in San Jose, back in January. I am posting it now to illustrate something else (and no, it is not that I have more hair on my chest than on my head). Last night I had the honor of being the first foreign visitor to the SKA dojo in the Hague! Jeroen led the practice, and was very helpful in giving me directions on where to meet so we could walk to the gym together. I would strongly urge any SKA members planning a trip to pack your gi and check the website. There are dojos in many parts of the world.

In fact, this was the second Thursday in a row I was able to practice. Last week, in Tel Aviv I was even picked up at my hotel! Hen (the H is aspirated, like in Hanukah) was driving by and was able to help me out. Benzi led the practice. We did a lot of torit-te, which is a favorite of mine that we don't do often enough back at home (if you asked me).

see:
the ska dojolist

You can click on the different countries. I would advise making contact in advance of the trip, as some of the information is not up to date.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Robert,

    Nice peace of text! Hopefully a lot of SKA members will pass by The Hague soon. Next time some more Dutch will be available to fight with ;-)

    Ciao,

    Jeroen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13 April, 2006 12:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home