efroymson

Sunday, August 27, 2006

slip


slip, originally uploaded by efroymson.

Maskaev slipped a number of punches like this in the middle and later rounds. In the early rounds it looked all Rahman. I really like "slipping" since it was invented by the Jewish boxer Daniel Mendoza. Before Mendoza boxing was just a slugging contest.

The Rahman-Maskaev fight was preceded by a number of fights, including several in lower weight classes. After those guys left, and the heavyweights showed up, it seemed like the ring was smaller.

I took these pictures with the 90mm on the RD-1. I think it was about 1/60th and F4. The lights over the ring were very bright, I had to wear a baseball cap to see clearly. My seat was pretty good, but the HBO cameraman blocked a lot of the ring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home