efroymson

Monday, September 01, 2008

No Bama No Way


Made it to St. Paul, and to the protests. Went to the start of the Parade route, followed them to the eXcel center, and then stopped to eat. I guess my mistake was in not following the anarchists around after the main parade broke up, because I did not get any action shots of windows being smashed. I do have a cool arrest photo though ...

I took a lot of pictures today, but this is the only t-shirt I bought. Maybe it was just because it was the end of the day, and I was very tired, but it looked funny to me and I got one. After I paid, a woman with RNC credentials came up, and said that everyone on the inside was complaining because they wanted to buy stuff, but there were very few vendors inside the eXcel center.

Certainly if the stereotypes have any validity there should be plenty of commerce inside a Republican convention. Maybe that one doesn't? After all the best shopping in the country is in reliably blue places like NYC and Los Angeles (yes I know Houston has the Galeria, but I said best).

I will try to post some more pictures shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home